Monday, March 2, 2009

This girl I used to work with was totally into finding out what dreams meant. She would always tell me about the dream she had the night before and then tell me what her dream book said it meant. I always thought she was crazy to believe that a book can tell her what her dream TRULY meant. I thought this whole idea was insane! The dream book always told her it was something completely off from what her dream was. I was never really into the whole thing but I always wondered how these books came up with answers. Everyone's has a mind of their own and it works in completely different ways from one another. How can dreaming of falling mean the same thing for every single person?

Lately I have had the same dream over and over. Well, not exactly the same dream but it consisted of the same issue with the same two people. The way the issue occurred in each dream was a little different. I finally decided to look it up and see what it supposedly means. Well, I asked my friend to look it up and see what it means. I was utterly disappointed by the whole thing! What my dream (I am not going to explain my dream to avoid any drama that may come from it) meant according to this book was completely absurd. There is no truth what so ever to what this book was telling about what I feel which is causing the dream. The meanings in my friends book were either completely crazy or over general and vague.

This whole ordeal made me want to look more deeply into dream interpretations more. How these people come up with meanings and why things mean what they say. So if anyone knows anything or anyone I can refer to, please let me know! :)